I hope that some of these you find serious and inspiring, I hope that some of them make you laugh, and I hope that some of them just remind you of some of the sweetest things in life that we take for granted. I thought it would be hard to make such a long list at first, but when you truly think about every little thing in your life and what it would be without that, you can make a long list. Maybe it seems a little silly or materialistic to be thankful for a cell phone, but when I was in another city and the transmission on my car went out, I really needed that phone to be able to call my husband. And bobby pins? Well for me, they are also headache preventers because they hold my hair out of my face when I am working hard on a project. There are so many things in this life that are awesome.
image by me, please give credit for use
We've been together for almost five years and we've been married for almost four months. The entire journey has been a blessing. He is my support system, my should to cry on, my best friend, and the one that makes me laugh even when I don't want to.
2. I'm thankful for our families.
It's nice to have so many loving people living so close to us, I couldn't imagine it any other way. I'm thankful for all the support they have given us and just that they want to be a part of our life and our story.
3. I'm thankful for my God.
My savior, my redeemer, and the one who carries me through everything. The one that died on a cross for me, because he loves me that much. I've been going through some struggles, particularly with choosing a path for my future, and I am so glad that I have a God that says "Give it all to me, I've got this."
4. Our friends.
The older I get, the more and more I cherish the friendships that I have and the ones that I know are going to stick around. And they're pretty good for laughs, too.
5. Our jobs.
I know I definitely complain about my job alot. And I complain when Ryan has to work on Saturday mornings. But when I truly think about it, we are so lucky to have the jobs that we do and be able to work. I really am thankful for it and I need to stop taking it for granted some days.
6. I'm thankful for the house we rent.
You can read about that here.
7. I'm thankful for music.
There are so many talented artists out there, and the music that they make touches so many lives. It feels so good whenever a song comes on the radio that just fits the situation that I am in and speaks to my heart.
7. I'm thankful for laughter.
And I'm thankful that it's such a part of mine and Ryan's lives everyday. Sometimes we just get to laughing so hard together that I forget about anything and everything that's gotten me down that day. It's pure bliss. And since supposedly laughter keeps you young, I'm thankful for that, too.
8. I'm thankful for creativity.
It's what makes me feel whole. I haven't had the studio space to do anything creative since we moved into this house and I definitely miss it. But that makes me thankful for it.
9. I'm thankful for bloggers.
Yes I am. Because you all are so inspiring both creatively and with your life stories. I just think the blogoshere is great. So, thank you lovely inspiring blog writers.
10. I'm thankful for my mom.
And how much she has sacrificed for me over the years. The unconditional love she has given me. And all the memories that I will always cherish.
11. My best friends
12. My car
16. DIY ideas
18. The Internet
19. Snickerdoodle cookies
20. Double fudge brownies
21. Movie nights
24. The radio
26. Handmade things
30. Starry nights
31. The Bible
34. Tickle fights
35. Cuddle time
36. Babies and kiddos
37. Long talks
38. Strawberry lemonade
39. Blankets just out of the dryer
40. Riding with the windows down
41. Dancing around our living room
42. Sleeping in the sun
43. Cooking dinner with husband
44. Phone calls from my mom
45. Staying up late
46. Watching my favorite re-runs
47. Crying during a movie
48. Laughing so hard that I cry
49. Having a friend confide in me
50. Crafting with friends
51. Making something for someone
52. Watching puppies play and run
53. Our church family
54. The musical talents in our church
55. Seeing old couples still in love
57. Driving without the rush to be somewhere
58. Feeding animals
59. Seeing a smile on a child’s face
60. Comments on my blog
61. Looking through old photographs
62. Receiving a package in the mail
63. Receiving any kind of snail mail other than bills
64. Writing my new last name
65. Having friends over for dinner
66. Date nights with husband
67. Going to our favorite restaurants
68. Taking photos for people
69. Neighbors that bring brownies
70. Reading a really good book
71. Talking with a friend
72. When the entire church sings with no music, just voices
73. Playing in leaves
74. Playing in the snow
75. Being able to take a vacation
76. Driving on a long trip
77. Turning the radio up really loud
78. Mexican queso dip & chips
79. Listening to the rain
80. Very sweet tea
81. Vintage things
82. Reading old notes from school
83. Making our house a home
84. Writing in a journal
85. Operation Christmas child
86. Seeing an old friend
87. Keeping in touch
88. Going outdoors
89. Going out to eat with family
90. Birthdays (mine & others’)
91. Getting flowers
92. Finding treasures in a thrift store
93. Hanging out with just my mom
94. Colored pencils
95. A blank page
96. Scriptures & quotes
102. Puppy dog licks
104. Our health
105. Christmas lights
106. Christmas trees
107. Christmas music
108. Family time
109. Encouraging friends/family
110. Kisses from husband
111. Hugs from husband
112. Memories from our wedding
114. The right to vote
115. My faith
116. Our God
117. Eternal life
118. Clean laundry
119. A warm house on a cold day, a cool house on a hot day
120. Having a forgiving yet just God
122. Rain boots
123. Candles and all their yummy smells
124. Hot cooked meals
125. Handmade gifts from friends
127. My wedding band
128. Seeing husband's wedding band on his finger
129. Girl time
130. Fashion bloggers
131. Faith bloggers
132. Walking to class on a pleasant day
133. Hot chocolate
134. Apple cider
135. Pajama pants
136. Sharing a plate w/ husband at a restaurant
137. Sitting on the same side of the booth
138. All the furniture we got for free from family when we moved in
139. Husband siblings (because I'm an only child)
140. A mother-in-law that loves to take pictures
141. Being silly
142. Having a husband that speaks in sarcasm with me
143. Breakfast food
145. How soft husband's hair is when he gets it buzzed
146. Southern lifestyle, a slower pace
147. Professors that actually want to see you succeed
148. Ratemyprofessor.com (this site saves lives!)
150. Coloring books
151. My cell phone (honestly, you know you love it too)
152. Bobby pins
153. Hair spray
154. Toilet paper (Am I right? Just being honest.)
155. Chewing gum
156. Memory cards
157. Hot showers
158. Cold sodas
159. Autumn leaves and how they crunch beneath your feet
160. The smell of freshly mowed grass
161. A husband that mows the grass
162. Fans, and the hum that puts me to sleep
163. Holding hands
164. The GPS
165. Family that is always willing to help
166. Friends that are always there
167. Double dates
168. Giving someone a gift
169. Surprising someone
171. Letting go of what holds you back
172. Hearing someone say "thank you"
173. Lazy afternoons
181. Yummy food
182. Being an adult and being able to eat dessert first
183. Watching comedy TV shows with husband and laughing at silly stuff
184. Not having homework or projects to work on (this only happens between semesters!)
185. The people I work with and all their craziness that makes me laugh
186. Toasty fires that warm your hands and feet
190. Movie theater popcorn (it's like a extra special treat for being good all week!)
191. Husband's grandmother that has survived cancer twice, and his other grandmother that has just pulled out of it, too.
192. Answered prayers
193. Unanswered prayers that God knew better for
194. High school football games
195. Twirling baton
197. Getting to take the backroads
198. Dogs that are incredibly excited to see you, always
199. Alarm clocks (I'm only thankful because it gets me to work on time, not because it wakes me up)
200. Being married to my best friend that always tells me "everything is going to be ok"