Apr 25, 2014
my rearview mirror
For the first time in a while I looked back through some of my old blog posts. I couldn't believe how inspiring it was to be able to read how I was feelings, things I was going through, and even look through old style posts. It was just the validation I needed about why blogging, or at least some form of documentation of life is completely necessary. Too often we allow moments to pass and we forget to tear off a piece of their goodness to keep for later. I believe that every single step in your path lead you to where you are today. Every good thing, every bad thing, is now a part of who you are. Take a look in my (blog) rear view mirror with me...
- I wrote my very first post on October 10, 2011. 25 facts about little ol' me. It's surprising how very little has changed.
- I love Sundays. And my hubby.
- Mackenzie and I wrote a Fall Essentials list. It was SO much fun. It gives me such a blissful heart to look back on good memories with friends and still be able to feel the happiness. (And this was my favorite essential and photos session).
- This post is a beautiful reminder of why I blog.
- The awesome & awkward posts will always be near and dear to my heart. These are my favorites... 1, 2 & 3. It's funny how many times public restrooms, co-workers, and me tripping come up.
- A life lesson about God's timing.
- Being in my last year of college brought about many different emotions. And thus college was written about a lot. Like taking the good with the bad. Diagnosing myself with senioritis. Having college brain. Study tips from moi. Being strong enough to make it through the end.
- Recently I took some graduation pictures for a soon to be graduate and it reminded me of how fun it was having my grad session. It made me feel like the end was finally real.
- I am a pathological list maker.
- Find out mine and Ryan's love languages. I love the reminder to "keep everyone's tanks full."
- This is an awesome recipe for Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne. We still make it.
- I was completely taken back when I ready a list from the end of 2011 called try in 2012. I'm going to do a full recap on this post soon, just because I was SO inspired by reading it again.
- Our first married Christmas and things that really matter.
- Creating yet another style feature with Katie. We called them style busters and we busted a bunch of fashion myths. So many good memories from something so simple. (My fave outfits here & here).
- Forgiveness is always a topic I love to remind my self of over and over again.
- Looking back at when Bear first joined our family and his weekend of firsts.
- Two of my favorite styled photos. And a twisty hairstyle.
- I created a DIY Vintage Map Decoupaged Letter and it has probably been my most popular post thus far.
- Possibly the best ascot ever. And a list of wardrobe items you should have a variety of.
- It was pretty inspiring to be reminded of some of my career dreams. Sometimes they get overshadowed with day to day life.
- I recapped my wedding photos at the date of our one year anniversary.
I took a blogging hiatus after that and started posting again in April of 2013. I'm still working to get back to blogging consistently but taking a look in my rear view mirror has definitely given me some inspiration and motivation. A little soul searching never hurts.
filed under: personal