In the middle of August, I posted my 15 Goals Before 2015. So far it hasn't been too bad. However, I recently discovered a monthly goal-centered link-up hosted by Hayley Morgan from The Tiny Twig. I debated about participating when I discovered it in September, but setting new goals and reviewing them each month was honestly a little scary. Especially publishing them here on the blog. But God changed my heart and it's not scary anymore. I realized it's a direction to work in, not an unchangeable course. So here's to monthly goals setting. I hope you feel encouraged to participate too, then we can all be one big encourage group of goal-getters.
A review of the 15 Goals Before 2015
1// Get family photos taken of Ryan, me, and Bear.
2// Try some new recipes.
3// Go see a drive-in movie one last time before it closes for the year. (Ok, this one can no longer happen because it's closed and the weather never cooperated on our free days).
4// Take more photos of everyday life.
5// Continue exercising at least three days a week. (Currently at 5 but I know it won't last as the holidays approach).
8// Host a get-together.
11// Hang wedding photos in our house (3 years is long enough!)
12// Create and order a photo album from the last year or so. It's been started!
13// Actually finish a book from my reading list.
14// Finish replacing all of the interior doors in our house. Just 2 left to go!
15// Build a headboard for our bedroom (ok, this is really for Ryan). We're about halfway done!
Obviously, there are more unfinished goals than the ones actually completed, but I'm not scared. Number 3 just didn't work out. Several of the goals are about halfway done. I'm going to highlight a few of them I want to focus on in November, plus a few added goals.
- Get family photos taken of Ryan, me, and Bear.
- Try some new recipes.
- Take more photos of everyday life.
- Continue exercising at least three days a week (our October vacation messed this up!)
- Create and order a photo album from the last year or so.
- Finish replacing all of the interior doors in our house.
- Build a headboard for our bedroom (Ryan's project, but I help!)
- Work hard to get our Christmas shopping done by the second week of December so we can really enjoy this time of year more!
- Paint the basement door with chalkboard paint and replace the hardware.
- Keep going with my fall capsule wardrobe!